Sunday, January 6, 2008

What a Fabulous Day!!

It was the most beautiful day today (sunday jan 6th). I woke early 4:00 am just before Mason woke at 4:30. I got 30 minutes on my elliptical machine in before he woke. I always feel better when I get movement in first thing in the morning. Every saturday and sunday I do a yoga class and this morning's class was particularly great. One movement just flowed into the next and my breath effortlessly linked each movement. I felt strong and powerful. My afternoon was spent playing outside with Mason at the playground. We kicked the soccer ball around with all the other kids. We jumped in and out of the leaves many many many times. We ran after the dogs in the park. We went down and up the sliding board at least 20 times. I am grateful for every moment I share with him. I can't wait for spring when we can be outside like to today everyday. It is so important to spend time in nature. I do not like the cold so i tend to be in nature more in the fall, spring and summer. Today was very refreshing.

My wellness rituals today:

woke early
water, msm, b-complex, D3
elliptical 30 minutes
was going to make juice but mason woke early
ate 1 mango, 1 papaya, 2 oranges
1 1/2 hour vinyasa flow yoga class at Hot Yoga- no it is not Bikram- it is vinyasa flow yoga in a room heated to about 90 degrees.
grocery shopping
skin brushing, exfoliation, hot cold shower, tongue cleaning
shake: gogi berries, blue berries, strawberries, green powder, E-3 live, maca, mesquite, hemp protein, bee pollen, cacao
pre/post natal, dha
ate red peppers
ate nori rolls: sundried tomato pate (soaked sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, sundried tomatos, olives, spinach, garlic, cilantro all blended up), avocado, sprouts (arugala, clover, alfalfa). I love these rolls!!

I feel refreshed and energized.

GET REGULAR MASSAGES:

Massages are beneficial in so many ways. I used to go for a massage every other week however, since having Mason I go once a month. It is my time to relax and rejuvenate. I feel an hour and a half is a good amount of time for the practitioner to get to all the body parts well. While I'm getting a massage I practice deep breathing techniques to increase the benefits for my mind and body. I recommend that everyone get some form of massage on a regular basis. It also helps to think about the body part that the practitioner is working on. I benefit most from deep tissue massage. With all the exercise and activity I do it is great to have my muscles released with deep pressure. It is important to find a practitioner who you see regularly because he/she will get to know your body allowing you to benefit even more from the work.

My wellness rituals on 1/5/07:

Slept in and woke around 8 (my husband got up with Mason)- occassionally I sleep in to allow my body and mind some extra rest. Plus, my little one is sick and I felt like I may be getting something so I wanted to stay well-rested. I rarely miss my saturday morning yoga class but this saturday I decided sleep and rest were more important.
warm water with lemon, msm
supplements- B-complex, D3
drank detox tea- herbal medicinal brand
drank yerba mate tea
I was enjoying relaxing with my teas today.
Ate 2 mangos and 3 oranges
Massage!!!- This one was given to me as a gift by a client. One of the best gifts is a gift certificate to your favorite massage therapist. Thank You!!
Salad filled with a variety of greens and sprouts, avocado, kelp and olives. Dressing of flax oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
I ate very light today to allow my body to rest. When you eat too heavy the body uses all its energy on digestion and not healing.

I received an email asking about my water intake. I drink water throughout the day. I do not drink 1 hour before eating and 1 hour after eating as it disrupts the digestion of food. I vary my water: warm water with lemon, water with msm or cucumber water. Cucumber water is my favorite. It is so clean and refreshing. Always drink as pure filtered water as possible. I'm still experimenting with the best type of water in regards to reverse osmosis, distilled etc. I'll keep you updated with what I decide.


Namaste

No comments: