Friday, February 18, 2011

Quote / Yoga Therapy Studies / Mentor


I saw this quote today, loved it and want to share it with everyone:
"It's not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong; not what we gain but what we save that makes us rich; not what we read but what we remember that makes us learned; and not what we profess but what we practice that gives us integrity." Francis Bacon

As many of you know i love being a student for life. there is always something new to learn and experience. I'm in the process of doing an advanced Yoga Therapy Program and my 500 hour Yoga Training. I've been using Yoga Therapy in my practice for years now but want to expand my knowledge and build on my current experience. I have a very scientific mind and i look forward to going deeper into the energetic mind, body and spirit. there is more to healing than just the physical body. there are so many layers to open up and address in the healing process. yoga can help to uncover these layers, get to the core of dysfunction and allow healing to take place. i truly believe that EVERYONE can and should practice some form of yoga. so one of my goals of pursuing my 500 hour certification is to inundate myself in the yoga world for the next year or two and then forever.
I believe i will be involved in some form of training all the time. living my wellness is a journey i look forward to being on forever!! and learning ways to help others on their journey to wellness is one of my missions in life. people ask what is the purpose of life. one of my purposes in life is to help others be at piece with their body, mind and spirit.

i've studied with a variety of teachers and was searching for my next mentor. i believe its important to always have a mentor or mentors in my professional and personal life. i like having people to bounce ideas off of, discuss patients and clients with and just BE present with. so i'm excited to go even deeper into my yoga world. in an ideal world i would go away to india for a few months- but that won't be happening any time soon!!!
i'm excited for tomorrow- i'm making my crispy kale chips and arugula beet salad!! its on my mind already!!!

namaste, kelly

No comments: