Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Get out in Nature

Spend as much time as you can in nature. Yesterday, I took my son for a two and a half hour hike on a nature trail and then spent the afternoon at the park. I was reminded of the many benefits of being surrounded by nature's beauty. Walking on the trail allowed me to slow down and just think. During this time I was able to make a decision that I had been struggling over. Nature provides you with an abundance of oxygen which we are all in more need of. Most people do not take full deep breaths when they breathe leaving them deficient in oxygen. We need oxygen to fuel the body's cells. We need at least 30 minutes of sun exposure per day to get our required amount of vitamin D. Notice the changes from season to season. Slowing down to appreciate nature can motivate you to live a more simple lifestyle. You don't have to go to a trail or park to simplify life and appreciate nature. Step outside and just look up at the sky. Take a few deep inhales and exhales and allow the sun to cover your body.

No comments: