Friday, August 31, 2007

Kelly's Chocolate Energy Bar

2 cups almond butter or any nut butter
-I like to vary the nut/seed butters. I use a mixture of almond, cashew, walnut, pistaccio, pumpkin seed, etc. Play with it and see what you like best.
-I sometimes lightly ground up nuts and seeds and throw them in too for more texture.
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp agave nectar
-You can also add dates and figs for additional sweetness and variety.
-You can add other fruit for more nutrients such as gogi berries.
1 heaping tbsp coconut butter
-I also like to throw in a few tbsps of coconut flakes for texture and coconut meat for richness.
2 tbsps vanilla extract
-Or you can use fresh vanilla bean.
1 tbsp himalayan sea salt

Mix all the above ingredients together and roll into small balls or place in pan to cut into squares later. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and enjoy!!! You can also freeze them turning them into a delicious fudge-like treat. Before I refrigerate mine I like to roll them in coconut flakes and ground nuts and seeds. You can also drizzle them with additional chocolate.


Have Fun!!!

No comments: