Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Flu got us!!!

ok- so my whole family had the flu. NOT FUN!!!! But we are recovering. When you are healing from the flu, or most illnesses, you need to eat very light to allow most of your energy to go towards healing the body. I'm juicing and blending most of my meals for easier digestion. Juicing is providing me with loads of nutrients to help my body heal. Blending fruit, smoothies and soups will help me get some calories, fiber and nutrients while being easy on my digestive system. here is a medicinal soup i blended the other day. the measurements are approximate because i of course was not measuring.

2 cups water
1 large tbsp chick pea miso
1 tsp tumeric
1 large clove garlic
pinch of grated ginger
handful shitake mushrooms
handful maitake mushrooms
2 tbsps dulse flakes

Blend it all up, place it in a pot on the stove and warm lightly.
Swirl around your mouth before swallowing for optimal digestion.
This can also be used as a base for other soups. you can add chopped up veggies, zucchini noodles, kelp noodles and more.... I kept mine very simple!!!

Namaste, kelly

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you all feel better, Kelly! - nothing like some enforced down time from the flu. Your soup sounds delicious, I'm going to try it before I get the flu...