Aloe is well known today for many reasons, be it for providing soft and supple skin or to help assuage mild burns or probably even help in diaper rash. But, did you know that aloe vera is also a superfood and can be consumed because it provides some really amazing health benefits?
Aloe vera has long been recognized for its superficial effects on our body but now scientists are realizing that this plant is quite a potent superfood as well. Here are some of the benefits it provides:
- Helps maintain the balance of good bacteria in the intestine so that digestion is good
- Helps people suffering from allergies and helps in keeping blood sugar normal.
- Contains trace minerals such as calcium, selenium, zinc, chromium and magnesium, which are really good for health.
- Polysaccharides help in keeping the immune system healthy.
- Detoxifies the body and even gets rid of harmful bacteria from the body.
- Contains sterils, which greatly reduce the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Helps in healing and preventing fungus infections.
Aloe can be taken in the form of juice, smoothies, soups, dips or even salad dressing and it will provide all the much needed nutrients without a hitch.
The boys and I hit the pool today after camp!!
Apple slices with almond butter
Leftover buckwheat hemp pancakes
Lots of water!!
time for bed!! kelly