Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blueberry Gelato and more...

what a beautiful evening!! today was a fabulous sunday: 5:30am up to make juice, equinox at 7am, my organic market and whole foods next, home to organize kitchen and prep juices, nut milk and food for week (owen was a big helper in all of this), organized spring/summer clothing for family and prepped bikes for spring bike riding! mason got a new bike yesterday which we pick up tomorrow and my bike rack and hitch will be installed tomorrow!! here we come bike riding!!! Finally, it was time to play soccer in the back yard with the boys and eat dinner with the boys outside under the sun. fabulous day!!

my juices for the morning. i packed this up and took it to the gym in a cooler so i can drink my juice and eat my chlorella right after the gym on my way to the market. the house is stocked for the week!!

i love my carrot ginger juice!! owen loves it too!!



made my carrot cumin nori wraps for the week with the leftover carrot pulp.


2 cups carrot pulp
1 cup sprouted ground flax seed
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp nori flakes
1 tsp sea salt
process all the above ingredients in food processor and spread evenly on two dehydrator sheets.
owen's snack while he helped me spring/summer clean!!

variety of homemade almond milks. made a big batch and separated into 16ounce bottles of different flavors. they are all good but here is one recipe.
16 ounces almond milk
2 dates
5 drop vanilla stevia
1 tsp cinnamon
ginger juice to taste
These bottles will last us about 2 days. we use it for smoothies, tonics, ice creams, drinking by itself, in other recipes like kids pancakes or for sauces etc..



This was fabulous!! Blueberry Gelato!!!

1 cup ice
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 scoops vanilla sun warrior protein
2 tbsps lucuma
2 tbsps mesquite
1 tbsp mucuna
1 tsp organic vanilla bean
1 dropper vanilla stevia
1 tsp xylitol
1/4 cup home made organic almond milk
1 dropper ionic minerals
**i ate my gelato while i watched mason play soccer and owen dig a little town!!
my soccer star!!


in addition to being a soccer star owen could spend hours building roads and hills of dirt!!


enjoy your sunday!! kelly

No comments: