Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pre-Detox Workshop was today!!

Today was the Pre-detox workshop for my 7-Day Detox Program at Yoga Fusion in Bethesda, MD. i love the start of a new detox group. Everyone is developing their plans and will grocery shop tonight or tomorrow and the 7-Day Group Detox will start on monday!! good luck to everyone.
My program is not only a "detox" but it is a way to change how you eat forever. I include loads of information including a 40 page manual with recipes, tips, journal pages and more that will guide you in detoxing for years to come. the goal is to eat as "clean" and "nutrient-dense" as possible. My program gives you the tools to start thinking in this direction.

one of the best foods you can consume is wheatgrass.
This is a tray of wheatgrass:

Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains chlorophyll, all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, and K. Wheatgrass is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein. ideally you want to consume it in the morning on an empty stomach so it is assimilated directly into the blood and cells.
You have to read these 40 points regarding wheatgrass
i typically use my Green Star Juicer to juice my wheatgrass each morning but now i love my handy manual wheatgrass juicer. it is simple and easy to use and clean.
It simply clips on to the counter and you feed the wheatgrass through the top and the yummy nutrient-dense liquid comes out the bottom!!

here is my liquid blood in my mason jar.

ideally you want to drink it right after you press it (or juice it). however, i often take mine with me and drink it right after my yoga class. i love having a totally empty stomach when i practice yoga. i get a deeper connection of my core allowing my body to be more balanced. then right after yoga i take my shot of wheatgrass, shot of e-3 live and start drinking my green juice. all of the nutrients just pouring into my body after yoga!!! this is BLISS!!!

so if you are going to make one change in your food rituals consider adding daily wheatgrass shots.

namaste, kelly

No comments: