Saturday, April 30, 2011
Today was the pre-detox workshop for the next round of detoxers!! welcome all detoxers.
These chlorella tablets from www.naturalzing.com are my favorite right now!! For all my detoxers out there this a great food that allows you to chew something while you are doing a juice/green smoothie detox program. I often chew on these while i drink my green juice. my kids also love them- the downfall is that there little green hands get all over the house!! but- its more important for me to have healthy kids compared to a perfectly clean house. below are a few of the benefits of both chlorella and spirulina. (all this info is from www.chlorellafactor.com)
The astounding health benefits of chlorella and spirulina
What can these two superfoods really do for your health? They offer a stunning array of health benefits. Chlorella and spirulina have been shown to be effective in treating and even reversing the following conditions:
* Cancers (all types)
* Severe liver damage and liver disorders
* Intestinal ulcers
* High blood pressure
* Bleeding gums
* Inflammation of joints and tissues
* Body odor / breath odor
* Various degenerative diseases
* Essential fatty acid deficiencies
* Mineral deficiencies (magnesium is a common deficiency)
Both chlorella and spirulina are particularly useful for:
* People with poor digestion and assimilation (these micro-algae are easy to digest and absorb)
* People with poor vitality and anemia
* Individuals who consumer large quantities of animal protein (the micro-algae protein, in contrast, is easier to digest and offers a far healthier balance of minerals)
* People who eat refined or processed foods
* People who take prescription drugs (spirulina protects the kidneys and liver)
* People who are overweight or obese
* People who engage in physical exercise and / or strength training
* People with low energy levels (feeling depleted, exhausted, etc.)
In fact, both chlorella and spirulina have been described as "the perfect food:"
Chlorella has been touted as the perfect whole food. Aside from being a complete protein and containing all the B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, and the major minerals (with zinc and iron in amounts large enough to be considered supplementary), it has been found to improve the immune system, improve digestion, detoxify the body, accelerate healing, protect against radiation, aid in the prevention of degenerative diseases, help in treatment of Candida albicans, relieve arthritis pain and, because of its nutritional content, aid in the success of numerous weight loss programs.
- Earl Mindell's Vitamin Bible
Spirulina's predigested protein provides building material soon after ingestion, without the energy-draining side effects of meat protein; its mucopolysaccharides relax and strengthen connective tissue while reducing the possibility of inflammation; its simple carbohydrates yield immediate yet sustained energy; its GLA fatty acids improve hormonal balance; and its protein-bonded vitamins and minerals, as found in all whole foods, assimilate better than the synthetic variety. Spirulina can generally be considered an appropriate food for those who exercise vigorously, as evidenced by the many world-class athletes who use it
- Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
Chlorella and spirulina have such strong health benefits that even well-known doctors and authors use these products and note their benefits:
It is possible that the GLA found in spirulina and possibly these other products accounts for some of the positive effects that people experience when using them, including decreased appetite, weight loss, and improved energy levels, especially mental energy. I personally have used all of these products and must say I have experienced a subtle increase in mental clarity and alertness (not like a nervous, caffeine-type stimulation). These algae must subtly stimulate our nervous systems or release certain internal neurochemicals that create this "up" feeling.
- Staying Healthy With Nutrition by Elson Haas, M.D.
In all, these two superfoods are effective in not just reversing a long list of serious diseases (discuss in far more detail below), they are powerful health enhancers that demonstrate phenomenal benefits even to people who are in "good" health!