Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Buckwheat Pancakes and more PESTO!!!

My boys love pancakes for breakfast.  I often make a batch and they eat them later for a snack too.  My pancakes are packed with nutrients and protein that give them lots of energy!!  I often add hemp, pea or brown rice protein, green powders, ground flaxseed, hemp or chia seeds and more. 




Buckwheat Pancakes

1 cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup ground flaxseed
¼ cup vanilla hemp protein
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla powder 
1 dropper vanilla stevia
½ tsp nutmeg
1 banana
2 cups water
½ cup sprouted or cooked quinoa (you can also use barley flakes or buckwheat, sprouted or cooked)


On another note- My PESTO addiction right now!!  I made another pesto today!!  



Basil Dulse Pesto
**i skipped the dulse and kelp today and kept it traditional!!  
 
3 cups basil
1 cup cilantro
3 leaves sage
1/3 cup hemp, flax or olive oil (i used flax today)
1/3 cup pine nuts (soaked 4 hours) (you can use any nut or seed)
2 cloves garlic- crushed
3 tbsps lemon juice
½ tsp sea salt
1 tbsp dulse
*if you want a traditional basil pesto do not add the dulse and add an additional ½ tsp sea salt.  The dulse gives the recipe a salty flavor.
I typically also add 1 tbsp kelp and nori. 

Enjoy!!!  
 

No comments: