Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tomato Basil Dressing!!


I actually slept in today to give my body a rest- it felt wonderful!!  I love waking when its light outside.  That said, i also feel like i missed a few hours of productive time.  But the body  needed a rest and extra sleep is always a plus!!!  

Every morning i start the day with 24-32 ounces of water- typically alkaline water with lemon and cayenne or just lemon- today it was just lemon!!

After that all i really wanted was something light and cleansing- i chose cantaloupe.  it was delicious and refreshing!!   Tuesdays i'm at the studio seeing clients and patients while the boys are at camp. Typically I see clients back to back so i don't have time to eat other than a quick bite between clients.  Today i sipped on my tea (i'm obsessed with teas- more to come in future blogs), drank lots of water and munched on cucumbers and carrots.  Nice light day of whole organic real food as usual.
 
When i pick the boys up from camp they are always extremely hungry.  This is the perfect time to have loads of healthy snacks ready for them.  In the car i always have fresh fruit and veggies such as cucumbers, carrots, grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe etc...  The downfall is my car does get a little messy- but their nutrition is more important!!

For dinner (or what i call dinner- our 4 o'clock meal) i made a light Tomato Basil Dressing!!  I started with a basic recipe and added more.  Here is the basic recipe i started with:

3 roma tomatoes
2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
2 tbsps hemp oil
1 handful basil
1 tbsp coconut nectar
Black pepper and sea salt to taste

Then i added:

1 more handful basil
1 handful cilantro
a few dashes of cayenne
1-2 tbsps scallions
2 garlic cloves
1/2 ripe avocado

The result was fantastic over a bed of greens, sprouts, tomatoes and pumpkin seeds!!! 
  I always create a variety of ways of eating one meal when i'm eating.  I put the salad in a nori sheet and dipped it in more dressing.

Next i put a little salad in a bowl and added chunks of avocado and more pumpkin seeds!!

After dinner it was off to karate for mason with  my snack bag again.  i always have snacks with me.  This time i had grapes, kale chips, a vega bar and almond milk.  Owen always snacks while mason does his karate!!  

I'm munching on chlorella tablets now.  I must eat at least 50-80 a day!!  i love them!!!  Chlorella is loaded with chlorophyll, protein and is very detoxifying!!

be well, kelly

No comments: