Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Raw Cereal and Collard Wraps with Coconut Tumeric Cilantro Sauce


 I tried a new raw dehydrated cereal today that i'm totally impressed with!!  I ate a few bites of it with my morning smoothie.  It has a great texture compared to many "raw granolas and cereals" on the market.  check it out.  Living Intentions Hemp and Greens Superfood Cereal!!  It's filled with awesome stuff: buckwheat sprouts, coconut, palm sugar, sunflower sprouts, banana, sesame seeds, hemp protein, spinach powder, spirulina, chlorella, alfalfa leaf, dandelion leaf and more..  When i crave a bowl of cereal i will totally eat this with almond milk and a few slices of banana!! 

Cereals always take me back to when i was a kid and lived on Lucky Charms!!  i would eat all the marshmellows and leave the rest.  Then drink up all the leftover sugar-filled 2% milk.  Oh how times have changed!!!  

Now to the wrap!!

I love my wraps!!  I made these collards wraps with a delicious and nutritious Coconut Tumeric Garlic Sauce.  This one i will definitely recreate often!! 

The Sauce!!!
1 cup coconut meat
1/3 cup coconut water
1 1/2 cloves garlic
juice of 1/2 a lime
1 tsp coconut nectar
1 tsp turmeric
1 cup cilantro
1 tsp sea salt
dash of cayenne
Blend all ingredients in Vitamix Blender.

Collard Wraps
5 collard leaves
1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
3 carrots, sliced into thing strips
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cucumber, no seeds, sliced into thin strips
1 cup arugula
1 cup pea greens

De-stem collard leaf and lay flat.  In center of collard leaf place above ingredients and roll like a burrito.  I like to use a spoon to place sauce on each bite.  You can also place sauce inside wrap before rolling.

I ate three wraps for lunch today!!  Delish!!  

Get creative in the kitchen!!!

Check out my toe stretchers!!  Very important to have flexible feet!!

Be Well!!!

kelly

No comments: