Friday, July 20, 2012

Homemade Almond Milk!!

Today started early as usual with my 5 am workout!!  On my way home i usually crave my smoothie or juice but today i had to fast till 9:45 because i was having my blood take for my yearly assessment.  I like to get my bloodwork assessed regularly just to make sure all is optimal!!  Since I've been kicking up my workouts i really need to fuel my body after my workouts.  I was not happy not being able to fuel myself till 9:45.  I made my smoothie and had it ready for me the second i gave my blood- i was soooooo happy and all my energy came back!!! 

I spent the day networking and connecting with people regarding my 7-Day Cleanse and Potluck!! One of my favorite parts about the work i do is creating relationships and spending time with like-minded people.   I'm very grateful!!!   Check out my website for more information on the 7-Day Cleanse and Potluck. 

I used the Sweet and Spicy Sauce i made yesterday  mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar for a quick salad before i was off to My Organic Market to distribute flyers plus pick up some stuff. 

There is no reason you need to buy almond milk- ok occasionally when in a bind - but really it is so easy and so much better for you.  i made a stash for a few different recipes i will be doing: almond milk smoothie and raw mayonnaise are just two!!  I will use the pulp to make some raw bread!!!

Soak 1 cup of almonds over night
Drain and rinse
Place in blender with 3 cups water
Blend on high for 2 minutes
Strain using a nut milk bag to separate pulp from milk
It's that easy!!!!!





Time for date night with my hubby!!!  kelly

No comments: