Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Craving Power Smoothies!!!!

If you read yesterday's post i made an awful tasting smoothie (it was all because of the protein i used).  After my workout at equinox this morning I could not wait to get back to a delicious power smoothie!!!  My body craves the balance of power smoothies lately- loaded with nutrients and great balance of carbs, good fats and protein.  You need to listen to your body and change up your daily habits when needed.  For a long time i started every day with my green juice.  I still love my green juice but now when i return from my tough workouts i need my power smoothie for recovery.   
Today i did one that i knew would be fabulous!!!  i sooo enjoyed every sip.  Then i sprinkled hemp seeds and a little more sun warrior protein on top and took a few spoonfuls (raw granola would have been good too)- delish!!! 






14 ounces water
2 leaves kale
2 handfuls spinach
2 frozen bananas
1 cup blueberries
3 tbsps hemp seeds
1 heaping scoop vanilla sun warrior
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp dulse

Sorry so short but i want to get a good night sleep tonight.  i wake at 4:30 to be at gym by 5am!!

kelly

No comments: