Saturday, July 28, 2012

Creamy Ginger Dressing


Great Saturday Morning!!  Naturally woke at 6:30ish and was excited to return to gym today after letting my ankle heal from minor strain.  The boys are always excited to go to the Kid Zone at Equinox.  Mason loves playing on the computers and owen loves playing with the trucks. 

My workout:  20 minutes interval training elliptical, 10 minutes treadmill incline, 20 minutes strength training, 10 minutes stretching.  It was a quickie workout because i had to get mason home to leave for the big soccer game with Joe!!   

Power smoothie time!!  my body was craving my smoothie.
Drank 8 ounces of green juice while making my smoothie.

12 ounces green juice
1 cup blueberries
1 handful goji berries
1 handful spinach
3 kale leaves
1 scoop sun warrior pea protein vanilla
2 tbsps hemp seeds
1 tbsp dulse
1 tsp cinnamon
1 scoop acai
1 tsp camu camu

I always have loads of very ripe organic frozen bananas in the freezer for our smoothies.

Owen and I went bike riding on the capital crescent trail.  He loves being the leader and showing me where to go.  Then we played at the park- i love being a kid and swinging on the swings!!  

Home to make lunch!!
Saturday is my day to use up all fresh produce to make room for Sunday shopping day!!  I made a big salad out of everything i had in the refrigerator: arugula, herb greens, pea shoots, alfalfa sprouts, carrots, red peppers, tomatoes, celery, zucchini, scallions, sweet onion, cilantro, parsley, dill...   I poured my Creamy Garlic Ginger Dressing on top and tossed!!!

  
Creamy Ginger Dressing:


½ cup hemp oil
2 1/2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
2 tbsps tahini
2 tbsps water
2 tbsps grated ginger
2 tbsps nutritional yeast
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tsp sea salt
black pepper to taste
3 dashes cayenne pepper

I ate some as a salad, wrapped some in a nori sheet and added dash more of nutritional yeast and pumpkins seeds and then made a yummy bowl where i added lots more nutritional yeast and pumpkin seeds.  


Enjoyed some raw vegan chocolate as a treat tonight.  Yummy!!  




Mason took a long nap after the big soccer game in baltimore today so he was full of energy until 10ish tonight.  He came down a few minutes ago to show me his ship he built with legos!!  He has been wearing his captain america costume to bed all week!!!



nighty night!!!  kelly


No comments: